Monday, November 12, 2012

What I Did While Jason Was Eating Ramen.

Well, as you know from Jason's post yesterday, he spent most of his day healing from the night before and actually relaxing for once. I, on the other hand, went to a craft show at Canevin High School with my mom. Since buying our house I have become totally obsessed with home decor and the cheapest ways to obtain the items or looks I want in my house. This has turned me onto Etsy which I love dearly and also has me checking out every antique, thrift, consignment, or craft store I can find. You can imagine I was delighted with the prospect of a craft show. Okay, onto the food! (Jason will ban me from blogging if I spend much time gushing over the wonders of Etsy and home decor.)

We stopped at Hanlon's Cafe in Crafton-Ingram Shopping Center for lunch before heading over to the show. Crafton is only about 15 minutes from our house and I actually grew up in Crafton, we lived there until I was in 5th grade which is when we moved to Robinson. If you've never been there, I would definitely recommend checking it out, Crafton has these really great tree lined streets with awesome older houses that are gigantic and whimsical looking. At least to me.

Hanlon's Cafe apparently used to be called Andrea's and just went under a big re-design. I'm not sure if it was a switch of owners or just a total makeover. When we walked in I noticed they had really cool pictures on the wall of the Crafton Ingram area from a very long time ago.



There were a decent number of vegetarian friendly items on the menu and as you can see, A VEGGIE SALAD!! One of my biggest pet peeves is when a restaurant will have 80 different salads and none of them are vegetarian. Really?? It's a salad, you jerks. 
I opted for the Veggie Hoagie as it was listed. We cannot get one anywhere around us in Kennedy. All of the 700 pizza places refuse to carry a veggie hoagie and I love me a good veggie hoagie so that has been disappointing to say the least. I jumped to get one at Hanlon's hoping for the joy of the ones I would get in the city (Kristophers in Greenfield and OMG Spak Bros) but sad to say I was kind of disappointed. 



When I get a hoagie I generally expect it to be on an actual hoagie bun. The bun it was on was more like a big hamburger bun. It was pretty difficult to keep everything in it while eating.Inside was lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, and tomatoes. There may have been zucchini but if so it was not memorable enough for me to recall. That was it, though. There was nothing to hold this together. No mayo, dressing of any sort, mustard, nothing. The broccoli and cauliflower did not taste like they were cooked enough and honestly, the whole thing was pretty bland. It needed some sort of kick to it. Another veggie hoagie dream goes down the drain. Sigh.

I eased my pain by purchasing these things at the craft show :

Awesome necklace !
Handmade soap - another weird love of mine.


For our spare bedroom which I have my owl collection in. 


Hummingbird ornament hand carved 
A Pittsburgh shadowbox because we're THOSE people




SO today I am off work because I work for a bank so I had the luxury of waking up at 10 and doing nothing. I made waffles for breakfast/lunch.








Here is one of our cats, Max. He is 17 lbs. I don't even know why.



No comments:

Post a Comment