Sunday, June 9, 2013

Flatbread Paradise.

Greetings.

I apologize for our long absence of blogging. Jason posted about the flatbread delights we have been experiencing for lunch so I thought I would show you how to also have them for dinner.

This was a quick after work meal. I used Victoria Vegan Mushroom Marinara for the sauce, which though it is a bit pricey for a jar of it (7.99) it is worth it if you want to save some time. It's delicious and very flavorful. Other additions were mushrooms, spinach, Yves vegan pepperoni, and glorious Daiya mozzarella cheese. Obviously, you can put whatever you want on this pizza.

.
 This is the finished product.


It was really good and it only took about 20 minutes to prepare and bake. It definitely helped curb the pizza craving we experience every so often and was much better (and cheaper!) than ordering a pizza with no cheese from a pizza place out here which always leaves much to be desired.

In April, I celebrated birthday number 29 and we had some friends over for a little birthday celebration. Earlier in the day we had our families over so I made many dips. In all of the rushing around I only managed to take a picture of two of them. I'm sorry. This brings us to my new favorite dip - Buffalo Chickpea Dip. You can find the recipe I used here. I really loved this dip, it was really easy to make and found that even though I did not like Buffalo Chicken Dip in my long ago meat eating days, I definitely like this dip.


I also tried a new spinach and artichoke dip. Recipe is here. I thought incorporating sauerkraut was really interesting so I wanted to give it a shot. I thought it was decent but the next time I found myself making a dip I reverted to my tried and true recipe from Betty Crocker and just veganized it. That recipe can be found here. Here is a picture of the new one I tried. I never took a picture of them once baked so I apologize. Above all, I thought it was good but the consistency seemed a bit too soupy for my liking. 



 In April I also made this awesome meal using a recipe from The V Word. It is Penne with Roasted Garlic Butternut Squash, Kale and Hazelnuts, it was amazing, as every recipe from that website is.




Also from The V Word I made Ooey-Gooey Baked Ziti which was also an amazing meal and we had leftovers for pretty much a whole week. Make this with some garlic bread and a nice salad and you have a kickass Italian dinner for two (or an entire army since that is how Italians cook).









I have a little staycation from work this coming week so hopefully I will get to share some more awesome recipes. Since it is finally nice out we should also be experimenting with some grilling fun. Stay tuned! 




No comments:

Post a Comment