Monday, June 30, 2014

Artichokes, my long lost love

For Christmas Gina got me this cookbook:




And tonight I used it to make a pretty kick ass dinner.

Gina doesn't really dig spicy foods and tonight she wanted a veggie burger for dinner so I took the opportunity to make something I'd like (read: super spicy) for myself.

All you really do is mince up a few cloves of garlic, defrost 9 ounces of frozen artichoke hearts, sauté them in olive oil with the garlic, capers (I used way more than the recipe called for because I can't get enough of their briny goodness), parsley, a healthy heap of fiery red pepper flakes, lemon juice and bread crumbs.

I piled it on top of some soba noodles and proceeded to kill all if it by myself. It was only after I pushed back my plate and sighed with contentment that I realized the recipe I 'd just housed was supposed to serve four... And I hung my head in shame.

But only for a second.

It looked like this:




Under the Dome premiers tonight for season 2 so I guess I'll give Orange is the New Black a break and check that out while rocking out some Straubs.




Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Attn... Viewers.
    My name is Sylvester. Nothing has ever hurt my heart so bad as when I lost my beautiful wife and lovely daughter. I and my wife had some series of quarrels some few months after she had our daughter. Though we was still married we couldn’t always live happily because we will always quarrel on everything until 2014 when she filed for a divorce, we broke up and she left with our daughter. I tried all I could to get my wife back but all yielded no good until I read some comments about Lord Henry of Permanent Spell Cast and his marvelous works of spells. I took is contacts and emailed him directly for help on getting my wife back. I provided all details he required and he helped me cast a love spell from his temple and asked me to wait for some few hours. It was just about 3 hours later after the spell, when I received a call from my wife that she was sorry and we needed to get back as husband and wife. Am so happy now that my wife and daughter are back to me and my family is living happily. Thanks to Lord Henry of permanent spell cast for helping me get back my wife and daughter. For help his contacts are
    Email: permanentspellcast@gmail.com , permanentspellcast@hotmail.com and Permamentspellcast@yahoo.com
    WhatsApp: +2348100663964
    Website: www.permanentspellcaster.com

    ReplyDelete